November 19, 2018 (Truro) ─ The Native Council of Nova Scotia is pleased to announce that they will be holding Collaborative Process meetings in regards to “Bill S-3, An Act to amend the Indian Act in response to the Superior Court of Quebec decision in Descheneaux c. Canada (Procureur général).”
If you are a Non-Status Indian, find out how the Descheneaux decision may affect you or someone you know be eligible to be registered as a status Indian by attending a meeting.
The meetings will be held from 10am-3pm; locations are listed below:
- November 24, 2018- Days Inn & Conference Center by Wyndham Bridgewater- Bridgwater, NS
- December 1, 2018- Holiday Inn- Truro, NS
- January 5, 2019- Delta Hotels by Marriot Dartmouth- Dartmouth, NS
- January 12, 2019- Rodd Grand Yarmouth- Yarmouth, NS
- January 19, 2019- Hearthstone Inn Sydney, Sydney, NS
- February 2, 2019- Maritime Inn- Port Hawkesbury, NS
There will be lunch and child care provided. Travel will be available if you are travelling a distance of 20 kms or more.